Do you find it hard to match your jewelry to your outfit because all of your trinkets and baubles are always so disorganized? If you’re a jewelry lover and are looking for a way to keep your accessories all neat and organized, a jewelry chest is the way to go. Jewelry chests contain storage drawers and other organizers that keep your jewelry sorted and easily accessible. Sort it by jewelry type, style, or color so whatever you need is always right where you left it.
We looked at dozens of jewelry chests in order to find the best, most highest-quality, and most stylish jewelry chests at any budget, based on factors such as size, quality of materials, Amazon ratings, and other considerations. We narrowed our search down to five of the top-rated jewelry chests that are on the market today.
We’ve identified the Hives and Honey 1004-382 Robyn Jewelry Armoire as the best jewelry chest overall. While it’s a little pricier than some of our jewelry chest picks, it’s made with real wood, contains eight storage drawers, each lined with anti-tarnish felt, and includes a vanity mirror. These features, coupled with the fact that its rich, antique walnut finish fits in with any decor, make it an excellent choice for smart buyers.
In This Article
The 5 Top-Rated Jewelry Chest
|Best Overall||Hives and Honey 1004-382 Robyn Jewelry Armoire||4.7|
|Runner Up||SONGMICS Jewelry Cabinet Armoire||4.8|
|Best Budget Buy||Best Choice Products Handcrafted Wood Armoire||4.4|
|Best Wooden Jewelry Chest||Hives & Honey Landry Jewelry Armoire||4.9|
|Best Mirrored Jewelry Chest||Powell 233-314 Mirrored Jewelry Armoire with Silver Wood||3.9|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Our Top Pick: Hives and Honey 1004-382 Robyn Jewelry Armoire
If you’re looking for a wooden jewelry chest that checks all the boxes, look no further than the Hives and Honey 1004-382 Robyn Jewelry Armoire. This jewelry armoire features a rich, antique walnut finish that fits in with any decor. The finish is also hand-applied by a team of artisans. It’s constructed with wood, high-density fiberboard, and solid veneer. It features eight drawers, three with divided compartments and five with open storage. Each drawer is lined with an anti-tarnish felt lining that keeps your jewelry from being damaged or scratched.
It also has two doors on either side that contain sixteen necklace hooks each. The two ropes keep necklaces in place so they don’t swing out when you open the doors. The top opens to reveal a vanity mirror to help you get ready and double check your look. In terms of size, the piece is 41 inches tall by 17.25 inches wide by 12.5 long.
Reviewers love the solid and well-built construction of this piece. They like its heavy weight that makes it feel a little more solid than a similar piece made of just particleboard. They also feel that it’s a good value for the price.
Reviewers also say the jewelry box is really beautiful and has a flawless design with its walnut stain, and scratch-free finish.
Hives and Honey 1004-382 Robyn Jewelry Armoire Key Features:
- Rich, antique walnut finish
- Constructed with wood, high-density fiberboard, and solid veneer
- Eight drawers, three with divided compartments and five with open storage
- Anti-tarnish felt lining that keeps your jewelry from being damaged
- Two doors with sixteen necklace hooks each
- Vanity mirror on the top
- 41 inches tall by 17.25 wide by 12.5 long
Our Runner Up: SONGMICS Jewelry Cabinet Armoire Cambered Front
Another amazing option is the SONGMICS Jewelry Cabinet Armoire Cambered Front. Its elegant walnut finish and wood texture immediately catch your eye. The jewelry chest features eight drawers, three of which are shallow drawers and five are deep drawers. These drawers feature diverse organizational layouts for different types of jewelry and keepsake items. Two side doors open to add space for necklaces. Each door features 16 hooks that organize necklaces neatly and beautifully. The top opens to display a beautiful vanity mirror. Exquisite workmanship makes this jewelry chest durable. Additionally, it features thick legs and an anti-toppling strap to provide protection against falls, making it a perfect option for homes with kids. The overall size of the piece is 39.8 inches tall by 15.6 inches long and 10.6 inches wide.
Reviewers love the quality construction of the piece, along with its deep walnut finish. Reviewers also like that the necklace hangers have a tray for longer necklaces to sit in to help keep them organized. Lastly, they like how easily the armoire is to assemble.
SONGMICS Jewelry Cabinet Armoire Cambered Front Key Features:
- Elegant walnut finish with wood texture
- Eight drawers, three shallow and five deep
- Drawers feature diverse organizational layouts for different types of jewelry
- Two side drawers feature 16 hooks each for necklaces
- Top opens to reveal a vanity mirror
- Anti-toppling strap provides protection against falls
- 39.8 inches tall by 15.6 inches long and 10.6 inches wide
Our Budget Pick: Best Choice Products Handcrafted Wooden Armoire
At just $69.99, the Best Choice Products Handcrafted Wooden Armoire is the best jewelry chest for budget-friendly buyers who don’t want to sacrifice quality for price. It’s a little smaller than some of our jewelry chest picks, but it packs a big punch in terms of organizational space. It features five drawers, two side compartments, and a top compartment for extra storage space. It also has two side doors that open up to reveal four necklace hooks each. Its sleek, curved design and dark walnut finish lend a modern-contemporary look to the piece and make it easy to fit in with your existing decor. Each drawer is lined with a soft velvet interior to prevent damage to your jewelry. The piece is 14.75 inches tall, 11 in length, 7 inches wide.
Reviewers love the quality of the piece for its price. They like its sturdy construction and, despite its smaller size, they like that it still holds all of their jewelry and meets their organizational needs. Customers also remark on the jewelry chest’s stylish and modern look. In fact, more than one reviewer stated that the piece looks better in real life than in the photos.
Best Choice Products Handcrafted Wooden Armoire Key Features:
- Features drawers, two side compartments, and a top compartment
- Two doors open up to reveal four necklace hooks each
- Sleek, curved design and dark walnut finish lend a modern-contemporary look
- Soft velvet interior liner prevents damage to your jewelry
- 14.75 inches tall, 11 in length, 7 inches wide
Best Wooden Jewelry Chest: Hives & Honey Landry Jewelry Armoire
If you’re looking for a stylish and well-designed jewelry chest, the Hives & Honey Landry Jewelry Armoire is your best bet. It’s made of crafted wood in a deep black finish. The black lacquer has an antiquing to it that makes the piece look like an inherited heirloom. Inspired by English design, its stately and elegant features are made even more impressive by pewter-finished hardware. It offers seven spacious drawers with a mixture of dividers and deep open space for additional storage. The lid opens up to reveal a mirror and storage area lined with anti-tarnish plush felt. Side doors open up to allow access to 12 necklace hooks each that keep necklaces tangle-free and organized. The piece is 40 inches tall by 12.5 inches wide and 8 inches deep.
Reviewers love the amazing quality of the piece and its decent price. They love that it offers plenty of storage space in the side doors, four compartmentalized drawers, and three open drawers for larger storage. They also like that there is no construction required beyond screwing on the top mirror piece.
Hives & Honey Landry Jewelry Armoire Key Features:
- Made of crafted wood in a deep black finish
- Pewter-finished hardware
- Seven spacious drawers
- Lid opens up to reveal a mirror and storage area
- Side doors feature 12 necklace hooks each
- 40 inches tall by 12.5 inches wide and 8 inches deep
Best Mirrored Jewelry Chest: Powell 233-314 Mirrored Jewelry Armoire with Silver Wood
is the perfect mirrored jewelry chest for added pizzaz.
If you’re looking for a mirrored jewelry chest, the Powell 233-314 Mirrored Jewelry Armoire with Silver Wood will not disappoint. Mirrored furniture is all the rage right now in terms of home decorating. It’s a luxurious style and this jewelry chest is no exception. It’s finished in silver with mirrored accents on every surface. As for storage, this jewelry chest features seven drawers, three shallow and four deeper drawers for larger storage. The top opens to reveal a mirror so you can double-check your look. Two side compartments feature multiple necklace hooks to keep your necklaces neat and organized. The size of the piece is 40.5 inches tall by 18 inches wide and 12 long.
Reviewers love the beautiful design of this piece and they even say it’s the equivalent of pieces that are much more pricey than this piece. They also appreciate how easy it is to build. One reviewer said that assembly was done in ten minutes or less. All you need to do is screw on the legs and top, and you are done. Finally, reviewers love the ample storage space and multiple-sized drawers for all your jewelry needs.
Powell 233-314 Mirrored Jewelry Armoire with Silver Wood Key Features:
- Finished in silver with mirrored accents
- Seven drawers, three shallow and four deeper drawers for larger storage
- Top opens to reveal a mirror
- Two side compartments feature multiple necklace hooks
- Overall size is 40.5 inches tall by 18 inches wide and 12 long
Who Should Buy a Jewelry Chest
Are you guilty of keeping jewelry scattered all over the place? A jewelry chest can help keep your jewelry neat and organized. In fact, anyone who has multiple pieces of jewelry can benefit from purchasing a jewelry chest. A jewelry chest is perfect for keeping jewelry organized and easily accessible. Most jewelry chests feature separate compartments for necklaces, rings, bracelets, and more. It’s perfect for keeping jewelry right where you need it, so you can effortlessly pair outfits with your favorite pieces.
A jewelry chest also keeps your precious and expensive baubles safe from being stolen, getting lost, or being damaged. If you leave your jewelry lying about, it’s easy to get caught up in other belongings and lost forever. Keeping it neat and organized in a jewelry chest ensures that all of your jewelry in one place, making it hard for any of your favorite pieces to go missing. Jewelry chests also provide a little bit of elegance to enhance your bedroom decor.
Important Features to Consider
A jewelry chest should be sturdy and solid, have plenty of organizational space, and be large enough to fit all of your needs. Here’s what to consider when selecting a jewelry chest:
- Size. Jewelry chests can range from small to large. The size you need depends on how many pieces you have, how many you plan to collect in the future, and the type of piece you’d like in your bedroom. Small jewelry chests can sit on your dresser, while larger chests are free-standing.
- Quality of materials. Jewelry chests can be made with wood, particle board, veneer or a combination of all three. You need to make sure that these materials are of good quality and won’t fall apart as you use it. Drawers should move easily in and out and doors should swing on well-constructed hinges.
- Organizational space. Make sure your jewelry chest has enough organizational space for all of your trinkets and baubles. Some jewelry chests, even though they look large, are short on organizational space due to their design. Look for a jewelry chest with a mixture of dividers and open space, so you have room for both small items and larger pieces.
- Type of jewelry chest. Jewelry chests come in various styles, such as wooden, free-standing, mirrored, and more. Make sure the type of chest you choose fits well with your decor and how you intend to use it.
- Protective interior lining. Make sure the jewelry chest you choose features felt or other types of soft lining that will protect your jewelry from scratches and damage. Some jewelry chests even feature anti-tarnish felt on the interior, which can help prevent your jewelry from getting discolored or stained.
- Mirror. Some jewelry chests feature a hidden mirror in the top of the chest. Lift the lid and you’ll find the mirror pops up so you can check your look before you leave the house.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a jewelry chest?
A jewelry chest is a small to large case that keeps all of your jewelry, including necklaces, rings, bracelets, and more, neat and organized. Drawers, doors, and compartments keep your valuables organized and help prevent damage. Some include a mirror so you can check your look as you add on your jewelry.
How do I organize my jewelry chest?
Organizing your jewelry chest is made easy by the intuitive design of the piece. You’ll find separate places for your rings, bracelets, and necklaces. Larger drawers are great for special pieces that you like to keep in their own boxes. You can organize your jewelry by size, color, or style — whatever works best for you.
How do you store long necklaces?
Long necklaces are best stored hanging up. That way, each necklace has its own hook, and won’t get tangled up with the other necklaces. Luckily, most jewelry chests have a dedicated space for necklaces, usually on the doors along the side. These doors contain several hooks for your necklaces, and strings to keep them secured to the door when you open it.
Is it bad to keep jewelry in the bathroom?
It isn’t a good idea to store your jewelry in the bathroom. The humid environment can speed up the oxidation process in the metals and cause your jewelry to tarnish faster than if you keep in it a cool, dry place. Instead, it’s best to keep your jewelry in your bedroom or closet, so it’s far from the wet and humid air of the bathroom.
Other Jewelry Chests We Reviewed
We looked at 20 other jewelry chests. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best jewelry chests list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option for your home. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing.
Wooden Jewelry Chests
This turquoise jewelry chest will stand out and make an impact with any decor. The hinged lid opens to reveal an easily accessible mirror with storage underneath.
- Five drawers and two side doors
- Antiqued brass drawer pulls with etched floral flourishes
- 16.50 tall by 12.25 wide by 7 inches deep
Mirrored French-style doors feature an ornate design with a classic white finish and antiqued hardware. The white finish gives it a classic and timeless feel, while the mirrored and delicate doors add a touch of modernism.
- Six pull-out drawers; three divided and three open storage
- Side doors have 10 double-tiered hooks to keep necklaces tangle free
- 41 inches by 19 inches by 11.75 inches
This jewelry chest features a rich antique walnut finish that is hand applied by a team of artisans. It features eight drawers with anti-tarnish lining and separate compartments to keep small items organized.
- Eight pull out drawers lined with anti-tarnish felt
- Two side panel doors feature ten double-tiered necklace hooks
- 39.75 tall by 17.25 wide by 11.6 deep
With a classic walnut finish, this standing jewelry armoire matches any home decor. The lid opens to reveal a two-layer storage compartment and a mirror.
- Three shallow drawers and four deep drawers
- Two doors feature 24 hooks for necklaces and four extra storage shelves
- 42 inches tall by 18.6 inches long by 12 wide
The Giantex Jewelry Armoire features four shallow drawers and three deep drawers for larger storage. The top lid opens up to reveal a makeup mirror and storage space with four compartments for extra trinkets.
- Easy assembly
- Stunning design
- 39 inches high by 15 long by 10 inches wide
This stunning jewelry armoire is sure to make a statement with its beautiful bright turquoise color. It’s made of wood, high-density fiberboard, and solid veneer.
- Antique finish and stunning metal hardware
- Seven divided drawers are lined with anti-tarnish felt
- 40 inches tall by 18 inches wide and 14.5 inches deep
Featuring five spacious drawers, this jewelry armoire has enough room for an endless supply of trinkets. The top storage section has a vanity mirror with doors on each side of the armoire that opens up to reveal necklace hooks.
- Constructed of solid wood veneers and MDF wood
- Walnut finish with ornate bronze hardware
- 35.8 inches tall by 9 inches deep by 26.4 inches wide
A bit smaller than our other jewelry chest picks, this still includes plenty of storage. It includes three removable drawers with two removable tray on the top.
- Includes key for safe closure
- Large mirror on the top
- 11.8 inches long, 8.1 inches wide, 10.8 inches high
This jewelry armoire stands tall and features space-saving storage. It features moisture and mildew resistant paint, which is ideal for damp or humid places.
- Constructed of MDF and wood
- Five drawers
- 12 inches by 9 inches by 34 inches
This mirrored jewelry armoire mixes classic style with a lockable compartment to safe keep your most valuable pieces. It’s perfect for sitting on your dresser or vanity without taking up too much space.
- Six drawers, two side compartments, and a top compartment.
- Interior lined with soft velvet
- 11 inches by 7 inches by 14.8 inches
Featuring a deep black finish, this jewelry chest features a partitioned storage area and two space-saving side doors. It also features a top makeup mirror with grid storage, six heavy duty hooks, and five drawers.
- Five drawers with the top one featuring a divided space
- Can be fixed to the wall to prevent falling
- 13 inches long by 9 inches wide by 33 high
This jewelry chest features felt-lined drawers with small compartments for small accessories display like watches and bracelets. It also features a mirror on the top and side doors for storing necklaces.
- Walnut finish with polished metal hardware
- Anti-mold and moisture-proof treatment
- 17 inches by 12 inches by 40 inches
Featuring French-style doors, this jewelry chest is fully locking. The doors open to reveal seven divided storage drawers with necklace hooks on each door.
- Crisp white color has an antiqued finish
- Bronze hardware
- 19 inches wide by 13.75 inches deep by 40 inches high
With a sturdy build and elegant design, this jewelry chest features five spacious drawers lined inside with soft simulated suede. It also features dual side compartments for hanging jewelry.
- Built from quality manufactured wood
- 100% money back guarantee
- 16 inches long by 11 inches wide by 39 inches high
Boasting a stunning rustic pine finish, this jewelry chest features ring rolls, divided compartments, and six necklace hooks. Each drawer is lined with natural linen.
- Five drawers
- Oil-rubbed clover design hardware
- 16 x 9 x 15 inches
With an elegant walnut finish design, this jewelry chest makes an impact with any decor. It features a large mirror under the top lid with nine rings rolls and four compartments underneath.
- 10 necklace hooks on each side door
- Lock and key are included
- 20 x 15 x 42 inches
This jewelry chest features seven spacious drawers with a mixture of dividers and open space for larger storage. The lid opens to reveal a mirror and storage area lined with anti-tarnish plush felt.
- Crafted wood in a deep black finish
- Elegant pewter-finished hardware
- 3 x 17.8 x 40 inches
With a rich antiqued mahogany finish, this jewelry chest features brass drawer pulls and a rounded design with etched floral flourishes. Etched glass doors hold necklaces.
- Six spacious drawers
- Fully lined with anti-tarnish felt
- 7.5 x 14.2 x 18.9 inches
The Abby Jewelry armoire features an antiqued white finish with bronze hardware pulls. The finish of the chest is hand-applied in a multi-step process by a team of artisans.
- Anti-tarnish felt lining
- Five spacious drawers, three divided and two with open storage
- 40.25 inches by 19.5 inches by 11.75 inches
Mirrored Jewelry Chests
With a beautiful contemporary silver leaf finish and mirrored drawers, this jewelry chest features six drawers lined with anti-tarnish felt. Hidden side doors reveal eight necklace hooks.
- Gleaming chrome drawer pulls
- Top lid lifts to reveal a mirror
- 12.2 x 18 x 38 inches