Whether you have a large and spacious bathroom or are cramped into a tiny shower stall, a shower caddy can help you make the most of the space you have. These handy organizers allow easy access to your essential supplies, such as shampoo, conditioner, body soap, and lotion, right within reach of your fingertips. Shower caddies help make your shower or bath time experience so much more streamlined, efficient, and enjoyable and keep your bathroom looking organized and tidy. These handy tools come in a variety of different styles and shapes. No matter which style you choose, the construction and durability of the product matters most — especially in a damp and rust-prone environment like a shower, which can wear out lower quality materials fast.
We looked at dozens of shower caddys in order to find the best, highest-quality shower caddys at any budget, based on factors such as type, quality of materials, durability, Amazon ratings, and other considerations. We narrowed our search down to five of the top-rated shower caddys that are on the market today.
We’ve identified the mDesign Metal Wire Bathroom Tub & Shower Caddy as the best shower caddy overall. While it’s a little pricier than some of our caddy picks, it is well-made, durable, and is has enough space for all of your supplies. These features, coupled with its unique and well-thought-out design, make it an excellent choice for smart buyers.
In This Article
The 5 Top-Rated Shower Caddys
|Best Shower Caddy Overall||mDesign Metal Wire Bathroom Tub & Shower Caddy||4.6|
|Best Corner Shower Caddy||Flowmist 2 Tiers Corner Shower Caddy||4.7|
|Best Budget Shower Caddy||7 Pocket Shower Caddy Tote||4.6|
|Best Portable Shower Caddy||Haundry Mesh Shower Caddy Tote||4.7|
|Best Suction Cup Shower Caddy||KINCMAX Shower Caddy Basket Shelf with Hooks||4.9|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Best Shower Caddy Overall: mDesign Metal Wire Bathroom Tub & Shower Caddy
If you’re looking for a shower caddy that checks all the boxes, look no further than the mDesign Metal Wire Bathroom Tub & Shower Caddy. It’s designed to go over your shower head and fits almost all sizes and varieties. It features a unique design that’s quite a bit different than most caddys on the market. Six angled shelf baskets are lined up on either side of the caddy, with two flat storage shelves on either side and two double hooks that can hold razors, washcloths, loofahs, and more. A strong suction cup and non-slip grip at the top help keep the caddy secure and stable. Each basket is designed with an open grid design to allow for water drainage and air circulation to reduce the risk of mold and mildew.
This caddy works well with hand-held shower heads because the center section has been designed not to block the hose. Its unique design also allows enough space for products in a wide array of shapes and sizes. The angled baskets are the perfect size for storing shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and more, while the flat baskets are great for bar soap, face lotion, and more. The hooks can hold washcloths, back brushes, loofahs, and so much more. To install, simply hang over the shower head and secure the suction cup to the wall. No tools or drilling required. It’s made with strong steel wire that’s covered with a durable rust-resistant finish.
Reviewers love that the bottles go in on an angle instead of standing up. This reduces the risk of knocking over your product when fumbling in the shower. One reviewer even noted that the angle give you the ability to put the bottles in backwards so that the product drains towards the top when almost empty. Reviewers also report that there’s plenty of room for all their supplies, even when they share their shower with other family members. All in all, reviewers report that it’s a great product for the price.
mDesign Metal Wire Bathroom Tub & Shower Caddy Key Features:
- Six angled shelf baskets, two flat storage shelves on either side and two double hooks
- Suction cup and non-slip grip at the top help keep the caddy secure and stable
- Open grid design allows for water drainage and air circulation to reduce the risk of mold and mildew
- Designed with hand-held shower heads
- No tools or drilling required for installation
- Made with strong steel wire that’s covered with a durable rust-resistant finish.
- Measures 4.4″ x 14.1″ x 23.75″ high
Best Corner Shower Caddy: Flowmist 2 Tiers Corner Shower Caddy
A corner shower caddy maximizes the space in your shower by making the most of the underutilized corner of your shower. The Flowmist 2 Tiers Corner Shower Caddy uses adhesive to secure the shower caddy snugly into a 90 degree angle. Since it uses powerful, heavy-duty adhesive to attach to the wall, there’s no drilling required or tools required and no damage is done to wall. It’s made of top aluminium, so it’s rust-resistant and designed for long term use. It’s also designed with a ventilated bottom that allows water drain fast, keeping your bath products dry and resisting the growth of mold and mildew. It features two deep baskets to hold all your shampoos, conditioner, and body washes. Hooks on the bottom of the caddy allow you to hold your washcloths, loofahs, and bath poufs.
Reviewers love how well the adhesive sticks to the wall. They report that they like the adhesive option because it allows them to hang a caddy even when they’re renting and can’t alter their space. Reviewers also like how the caddy allows them to better organize their bathroom and how it makes use of the extra space they weren’t using in the corner of their shower. Reviewers also report that it’s easy to assemble and attach to the wall. They like that it’s lightweight and can still fit all of their essentials.
Flowmist 2 Tiers Corner Shower Caddy Key Features:
- Powerful adhesive keeps the caddy secure
- No tools required and no damage to your walls
- Top aluminum is rust-resistant
- Ventilated bottom allows water to drain out to avoid mildew and mold
- Two deep baskets and two hooks hold all of your supplies
- 14 by 11.4 by 6.7 inches
- 12-month warranty
Best Budget Shower Caddy: 7 Pocket Shower Caddy Tote
At just $7.49, the 7 Pocket Shower Caddy Tote is the best shower caddy for budget-friendly buyers who don’t want to sacrifice quality for price. It’s a portable shower caddy, so you can move all of your essentials into the shower with you and right back out when you’re done. It’s the perfect option when you’re living in a college dorm or with roommates, but also if you’re showering at the gym, camping, or other out-of-the-norm location. It’s also great if you’re looking for a clutter-free shower. This shower caddy is made with six extra-large storage compartments on the outer rim and a six-inch deep super-sized compartment in the middle. It’s big enough to hold all of your large shampoo bottles, soaps, and more. It’s made with breathable mesh that allows water to drain easily so it dries quickly and resists mold. Durable canvas handles allow for easy transport of the caddy and make it easy to hang on the shower head.
Reviewers love how roomy both the exterior and interior pockets are for all of their supplies, including heavy shampoo bottles, body wash, loofah, bar soap, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, Q-tips, and so much more. They like that the seven pockets allow them to keep their products more organized than a simple bag would provide. Reviewers also report that the caddy is durable, keeping all of their supplies problem-free for a long period of time. They find that it’s easy to transport all of their shower supplies, whether they’re showering at the gym, a campground, or a shower they’re sharing with multiple roommates.
7 Pocket Shower Caddy Tote Key Features:
- Portable shower caddy
- Six extra-large storage compartments on the outer rim and a six-inch deep super-sized compartment in the middle
- Made with breathable mesh that allows water to drain easily
- Durable canvas handles allow for easy transport
Best Portable Shower Caddy: Haundry Mesh Shower Caddy Tote
If you live with roommates or in a college dorm, turn to the Haundry Mesh Shower Caddy Tote as your shower caddy. It’s easily portable, so you can take your shower essentials with you into the shower and take with you when you’re done. Portable shower caddys are a great option if you live with roommates or in a college dorm, shower at the gym or a campground, or even if you prefer a clutter-free shower. This caddy is made with a rubbery, breathable mesh that dries quickly. Double reinforced oxford cloth handles allow you to carry heavy items without tearing. It features one large main storage compartment with seven roomy outer pockets so you can store all of your essential items and organize them so they’re easy to locate. There’s even a hook to store your keys, so you don’t forget them when you leave the shower. The overall bag measures approximately 8.86 by 7.68 by 8.07 inches. It’s just the right size to hang over the door, shower head, or put it on a stand in the corner.
Reviewers love that the caddy holds everything they need, including full-size hair products, shower gels, lotions, and more. Reviewers also report that the product is extremely durable, even when carrying the heaviest of products. They like that it doesn’t rust like other shower caddys that remain in the shower. Instead, the rubber mesh won’t rust or corrode.
Haundry Mesh Shower Caddy Tote Key Features:
- Easily portable
- Made with a rubbery, breathable mesh that dries quickly
- Double reinforced oxford cloth handles allow you to carry heavy items without tearing
- One large main storage compartment with seven roomy outer pockets
- Hook to store your keys
- Measures approximately 8.86 by 7.68 by 8.07 inches
Best Suction Cup Shower Caddy: KINCMAX Shower Caddy Basket Shelf with Hooks
If you’re looking for a suction cup shower caddy, KINCMAX Shower Caddy Basket Shelf with Hooks is your best bet. It features one oversized basket with four hooks for bath sponge, washcloths, and more. It’s easy and quick to install without any drilling and tools required. It’s held on with a durable and sturdy suction cups that won’t fall down, even with heavy duty use. Alternatively, you can use the included adhesive to attach to walls that are unsuitable for a suction cup. The spacious caddy provides enough space to storage all of the products that you need throughout your shower. Due to the deep baskets, the caddy will keep its balance without tilting, even when using heavy products. The caddy is made of 304 stainless steel with a rustproof and scratch-resistant finish. The open bottom design allows water to drain out, keeping your items dry.
Reviewers love how easily the caddy adheres to their wall. They report that it’s sturdy and holds even when holding their heavy full-sized products. Reviewers also say that the basket is larger than they initially thought, which provides plenty of room to keep all of their favorite supplies off of the tub or shower floor.
KINCMAX Shower Caddy Basket Shelf with Hooks Key Features:
- One oversized basket with four hooks
- Quick to install without any drilling and tools required
- Deep baskets allow it to keep its balance without tilting
- Made of 304 stainless steel with a rustproof and scratch-resistant finish
- Open bottom design allows water to drain out, keeping your items dry
Who Should Buy a Shower Caddy
A shower caddy not only makes your bathroom more tidy, it can also improve your overall showering experience. First of all, a shower caddy is ideal for organization and storage, especially in small bathrooms and apartments. It helps keep the items you use in the shower neatly organized and off the tub or shower floor. Additionally, it provides easy access to your essential products during your shower. Everything you need will be right at your fingertips when you need them, eliminating the need to frantically search for supplies while dripping wet. You’ll also be able to free up a bit of space in your cabinets, drawers, and vanities by storing your supplies in the shower. Additionally, shower caddies aren’t very expensive and come at a variety of price points. You’re likely to find one that fits within your budget.
A shower caddy can hold all of your bath supplies, including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, facial cleanser, bar soap, loofah, washcloth, bath pouf, and so much more. Some shower caddies are hung over the shower door or the shower head, while others are installed via tension rod, suction cup, or adhesive tape. Portable shower caddies are a great option for someone living at a college dorm or in an apartment with multiple roommates. It allows you to take all of your showers essentials in the shower with you when you need them and out of the shower when you’re done. It’s also beneficial if you’re showering someplace away from home, such as at the gym, a campground, or hotel.
Important Features to Consider
A shower caddy should safely hold your essential supplies without rusting or corroding. Here’s what to consider when selecting a shower caddy:
- Design. You can find dozens of different shower caddy designs on the market. There are over-the-showerhead models that fit directly over the showerhead. They’re easy to install and come in variety of different shapes and sizes. Some also have adjustable shelves that move up and down to allow for different sized products. Other models are designed to fit over standard shower doors or enclosures. Other shower caddies are designed to fit in the corner of the shower. These typically come with several shelves. They’re typically attached with hardware, suction cups, adhesive, or even spring-loaded tension poles.Other shower caddies are made for the side of the shower wall and can be attached via suction cups, hardware, or adhesive. Portable shower caddies can be placed on shower floors or hung over the shower head. These are freestanding and intended to be carried from room to room. They’re a great best for college students who live in dorms or those who live with roommates and can’t store bath items in the shower.
- Materials. Plastic caddies are inexpensive, but can crack or break with repeated use. Metal caddies can be made with chrome-coated metal, but this type of material can tend to rust. Aluminum and stainless steel are stronger metals which can resist rust and corrosion, so look out for shower caddies made with these more durable materials. Portable shower caddies are often made with mesh, which is lightweight and easy for travel.
- Shelves and baskets. Shelves and baskets are perfect for storing all of your shower essentials. Baskets provide better stability for full-sized products and helps keep them upright. Be sure that either option has an open wire design or slits in the bottom to allow water to drain out to avoid the growth of mold and mildew.
- Soap holders. Some shower caddies have compartments that are designed to hold bar soap. They also have an open wire design or slits in the bottom to allow water to drain out around the soap.
- Hooks and loops. Some shower caddies have hooks that can hang washcloths, loofahs, bath poufs, and more. Some even have hooks that are designed specifically to hold razors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a shower caddy?
A shower caddy can hold all of your bath supplies, including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, facial cleanser, bar soap, loofah, washcloth, bath pouf, and so much more. Shower caddies come in all types of designs and can hang over the showerhead, over the shower door, on the wall, or in the corner. They are essential tools to keeping your bathroom neat and tidy and can actually improve your shower experience by keeping all of your essentials within reach.
What kind of shower caddy is best for college?
A portable shower caddy is best for living at a college dorm. These freestanding caddies allow you to take your belongings into the shower with you and out when you leave. Some portable caddies are made with mesh and others with high-quality plastic. Make sure the caddy you choose has plenty of storage space for all the supplies you’ll need while showering at your dorm.
How do I keep my shower caddy from slipping?
If you find that your shower caddy is slipping down off your showerhead, there’s a quick and easy fix that will help keep it in place. Just put the shower caddy in place and then attach a clear zip tie to the pipe leading to the showerhead right in front of where the caddy is hanging. This will provide a friction point for the caddy and keep it in place. Be sure to cut the long end of the zip tie so it’s not easily detectable.
Is a plastic or mesh shower caddy better?
Plastic and mesh shower caddys both have their positive and negative aspects. Plastic shower caddys are lightweight and inexpensive, but they can crack or break over time. Plus, with only a few small holes on the bottom, they can tend to hold water, which can breed mold and mildew. On the other hand, mesh caddys are also lightweight and inexpensive and they allow water to drain through easily so they can dry fast. However, they can begin to fray at pivotal connections, such as where the caddy meets the handles or along the seams in the pockets.
Other Shower Caddys We Reviewed
We looked at 20 other shower caddys. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best shower caddys list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option for your home. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing.
Corner Shower Caddys
Due to its tension rod design, this shower caddy just takes minutes to install, without a wrench and any tool required. Plus, it makes use of valuable corner space in your shower.
- Durable rubber wedges makes each shelf even sturdier
- Rust resistant and easy to clean
- Four adjustable height shelves and one towel bar
Four large basket shelves make use of wasted shower space with this corner tension-rod caddy. It includes built-in razor storage, hooks, and a towel bar to add even more functionality to the caddy.
- Fits spaces up to standard ceiling height
- Rust resistant oil rubbed bronze finish
- Support bar under each shelf provides support for heavier items
This standing shower caddy is just what the corner of your shower has been looking for. Its sturdy legs keep it upright even on uneven surfaces and its stainless steel design won’t rust or corrode.
- Two shelves provide just the right amount of storage space
- Convenient storage hooks hold a razor, loofah, or other necessities
- Five year warranty
This corner shower caddy has three levels to make room for even more of your essentials. Its plastic design resists wear and tear and holes in the shelves allow water to drain reduce mold and mildew.
- Measures 13.19 by 10.43 inches
- Included soap holder for easy reach
- Adjustable feet keep the caddy stable
With four heavy-duty shelves, this corner shower caddy makes the most of your valuable shower space. A pole made of 304 stainless steel and rust-proof shelves made with ABS engineered plastic, extend the useful life of the caddy.
- Rubber end caps at each end of the tension pole increase stability
- Installs within few minutes, no wrenches or other tools needed
- 30-day money back guarantee
This shower caddy can be installed in two ways: use the transparent self-adhesive tape or drill it into the wall. Made with space aluminum, this caddy resists daily scratches, corrosion, and tarnishing.
- Included double sided transparent adhesive tape is stronger than suction cups
- Holds up to 44 pounds
- Easily removable
Four deep storage baskets and razor holders provides plenty of storage space to an underused area in your shower. Rich satin nickel finish provides durability and is rust resistant.
- “Twist Tight” technology ensures tension rod stability
- Adjusts to fit in rooms with ceilings up to 9 feet high
- Shelves are easily adjustable up and down
This set includes two shower caddys, one large and one small, designed to fit snugly in a 90-degree angle. It attaches to the wall using powerful adhesive that won’t fail under regular use.
- Large caddy measures 8.7 by 8.7 by 2.0 inches: small caddy measures 7.9 by 7.9 by 2.0 inches
- Hollow and ventilated design allows water to drain through
- Made of SUS304 stainless steel, it’s resistant to rust and corrosion
This shower caddy comes with two installation methods: powerful adhesive or mounting hardware. Either mounting option hold up to 11 pounds, and is ideal for your shampoo, bath soap, lotion, and more.
- Corner design save space in your shower
- Rail keeps your contents in place without risk of falling
- Due to its design that mounts on a single wall, it’s ideal for irregular corners and spaces
Hanging Shower Caddys
Two metal wire racks provide plenty of space for your necessities, while allowing for water drainage. Lower hooks hold your razor, washcloth, or loofah within easy reach.
- Large space between the hook and first rack allows for an easy fit with most shower heads
- Measures 9.75 by 4 by 22 inches
- Holds up to 10 pounds
This caddy features four expandable baskets that slide outward for custom storage and to allow tall bottles to fit. Each basket moves independently so you can adjust the caddy to meet your custom storage needs.
- Easily installs over shower head with no tools required
- Chrome finish fits in with most bathroom decor
- Includes built in hooks for razors, loofahs, and more
With one deep basket, one shelf, and one soap holder with hooks, this shower caddy provides a lot of storage options. Its made of with durable steel for a sturdy construction and an elegant chrome finish that’s resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Non-slip suction cups provide stability
- Measures 26 by 16 by 5.5 inches
- Large size provides lots of storage
Perfect for a shower door or enclosure, this shower caddy features two adjustable shelves and a soap dish. It fits over almost all standard shower enclosures up to 2.5 inches thick.
- Sturdy steel construction with a rust-resistant finish
- Includes hooks for razors, washcloths, and shower pouf
- Easy installation with no tools needed
This shower caddy features three layers of baskets that can store up to six bottles of all of your essential shampoo, soap, and other items. Two hooks with a slip resistant mat hold towels and bath poufs.
- Measures 25 by 11 by 5 inches
- Aluminum finish is resistant to rust
- Two large storage baskets can be adjusted
Made by the same company as our top pick, this shower caddy hangs over the shower door. It fits over shower doors up to 1.4 inches thick and features two storage baskets, two large hooks, and two small double hooks.
- Suction cups keep the caddy secure and in place
- Open wire design allows water to drain
- Made from sturdy steel wire with a durable rust-resistant finish
This shower caddy has pulled out all the punches. A rubberized clamp attaches to the shower head to supports the caddy from above and twin suction cups provide support below.
- Durable stainless steel construction is corrosion-resistant and easy to clean
- Designed to store even awkward and bulky tools such as facial cleaning brushes and electric razors
- Adjustable shelves easily slide up and down to make room for tall bottles
Portable Shower Caddys
With an integrated handle and a lightweight design, this caddy makes it easy to carry all of your essentials around with you. Made of HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene), it’s built to last and won’t bend or break easily.
- Includes an unconditional lifetime warranty
- Measures 6.1 by 9.85 by 4.35 inches
- Great for college dorms or to save space
This shower tote has eight outer compartments and a large one in the center to keep all of your essentials easily accessible and organized. Made of high-quality mesh, it’s a snap to keep clean and to dry.
- 100% money back guarantee
- Lightweight, durable, and stylish you can take it to more places than just the shower, including the beach, swimming, and more
- Reinforced handle easily hangs on the door, shower head, or a hook.
Suction Cup Shower Caddys
With super holding power, each suction cup holds 44 pounds of weight, ensuring suction cup caddy will never come crashing down in the shower. It features an extra-large, deep basket that’s big enough to hold all of your shower supplies.
- Made from stainless steel 304 for durability
- Adhesive strips are included for walls not suitable for suction cups
- Quick and easy installation with no tools required
With a pair of powerful suction cups, this shower caddy can hold 22 pounds of your essential shower supplies. It’s made with ABS plastic that won’t break, rust or corrode and the various drainage holes allow water to pass through rather than accumulate.
- Easy, no tools required installation
- Measures approximately 12 by 5 by 4.7 inches
- Can be used all around the house, including the kitchen, garage, office, and more, for easy storage